Take part in an informative and fun exploration of Amsterdam’s old city center and its elegant canal belt, and learn tips for exploring the city like a local. Savvy travelers choose small group tours!
- Included: Guiding and Transport
- Excluded: entrance tickets to Keukenhof & windmill, a traditional pancake lunch.
- 3 hours inside Keukenhof and drive through flower fields and when in bloom, we will stop for photos and a guided visit through a windmill
- Start & end point: At 8h30 from outside Starbucks (ground floor) under the Double Tree Hilton Hotel on Oosterdokskade 4, 1001 RD Amsterdam
See the Tulips in Bloom
Join us in Amsterdam and explore Keukenhof, the Garden of Europe, and its millions of beautiful blooming flowers. This is an event you don’t want to miss, as Keukenhof is only open for several weeks each year. This floral display is spectacular and a must-see for anyone visiting Amsterdam.
- Leaving Amsterdam by 8.30 am in an air-conditioned minivan, we depart early enough to see the morning dew on the tulips (and daffodils and hyacinths and more…)
- We provide you with a recommended walking route of the gardens based on what is looking best and give you just under 3 hours to explore at your leisure
- After the gardens we whisk you, literally off the beaten track, to a quaint restaurant on the edge of a nature reserve, frequented mainly by locals – echte Nederlanders – for a hearty pancake lunch.
- After lunch we head North to the Beemster area to visit tulip fields finding picture postcard photo opportunities
- We round off the day with a visit an almost 400 year old windmill set in lovely countryside. If there is wind it will be pumping water. We guide you through the mill and show you how it works.
- And then back to Amsterdam and you’ll have ticked quite a few things off your bucket list with this tour
Age & Height Restrictions
Children from 7 years of age can join the tour.
Every person in a vehicle in The Netherlands must have their own seat with the age-appropriate safety equipment required by the law.
Children up to the age of 12 are required to have child seats. However, if the child is 1.35 meters/ 4 feet and 5 inches or taller, the age restriction does not apply and they do not need a child seat.
We can arrange booster seats but you must tell us at the time of booking, by email, that you require them.
There is no child discount as a seat is still a seat and we only have 8 of them.
It is possible to arrange an electric mobility scooter at Keukenhof Gardens but this you need to do directly with them. This is a great way to get around the gardens if you don’t fancy being on your feet for that long.
Cancellation & refunds policy
We’ve pondered a lot about this and because of the costs involved and planning, we can’t refund last minute cancellations so here is the deal:
If you cancel:
- more than 2 weeks in advance then you immediately receive a full refund.
- between 1 and 2 weeks in advance and immediately receive a 50% refund. You get the other 50% as well if we can resell your places.
- during the last week then there is no automatic refund but you get a full refund if we can sell your places
All refunds above are less any bank charges if there are any.
Minimum number of participants
This tour requires 2 people booked in to run. If you book a single place and nobody else books the tour will be canceled and you will be given a full refund.