TULIP TOUR: Keukenhof Gardens,
Tulips, Countryside & Windmill Tour
22 March 2018 to 13 May 2018
Open for bookings on 14 January 2018.
Our Amsterdam Tulip Tour begins with tulips and ends with windmills, two icons of Dutch life.
Tulip Tour Highlights
- This Dutch day out lasts 8-9 hours!
- 8 people max
- Admission to Keukenhof gardens is included, and you’ll spend three hours there.
- Lunch at a proper Dutch pancake house is included
- Drive country roads past working tulip farms
- Explore the inside of a windmill
- Visit the medieval city of Haarlem
- Guided by Mark or Rory, two of Amsterdam’s best-reviewed guides
In an 8 seater minivan, we’ll bring you first to Keukenhof, the Garden of Europe. Open for just eight weeks of the year, and home to seven million blooming flowers. We’ll leave Amsterdam by 8.30 am, early enough to see the morning dew on the tulips (and daffodils and hyacinths and roses and…).
You’ll have three hours to explore the gardens at your leisure before we whisk you off the beaten track along back roads past tulip farms and fields.
A hearty pancake lunch awaits at a quaint restaurant on the edge of a nature reserve, frequented mainly by locals – echte Nederlanders! We’ll dine à la Dutch (we just invented that phrase!)
Onward to the gorgeous medieval city of Haarlem that was the centre of the infamous Tulip Mania of the 1600s. We’ll walk through small lanes and courtyards to a classic Dutch windmill, we will guide you through the inside of it and explain in detail how it runs.
Finally, we’ll make our way to the top of the windmill and gaze out over Haarlem.
And then back to Amsterdam.
- Tulip Tour costs €125 per person
- Central pick-up and drop-off (near Amsterdam central station)
- Start time: 8:30am
- Admissions to Keukenhof , the nature reserve, and the windmill included
- A pancake lunch also included and coffee in Haarlem.
Pick up point: Outside the Barbizon Palace Hotel, opposite Amsterdam Central Station. There is a photo of the start point and us in the confirmation email that you get when you book.
Age / Height Restriction
Children up to the age of 12 are required to have child seats. If the child is 1.35 metres / 4 feet and 5 inches or taller, the age restriction does not apply. We can arrange booster seats, but not baby seats, you must contact us about this before booking otherwise we won’t have them on board.
We’ve pondered a lot about this and because of the costs involved and planning, we can’t refund last minute cancellation so here is the deal:
If you cancel:
- more than 2 weeks in advance then you immediately receive a full refund.
- between 1 and 2 weeks in advance and immediately receive a 50% refund. You get the other 50% as well if we can resell your places.
- during the last week then there is no automatic refund but you get a full refund if we can sell your places
All refunds above are less any bank charges if there are any.